As we all know, our hair is made up of proteins, which makes it so fragile if over-exposed to sun, chemicals, styling and pollution… My hair has had its own ups & downs, but I’ve always managed to keep it healthy, shiny and strong by repairing it with an array of masks. Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of questions on how do I manage to keep my hair as rich in volume and healthy as it is, even though I brush it on a daily basis. So here’s the secret, a fine old recipe: Hair’s protein shake. It makes wonders- literally!
For a long hair, you’ll need:
– 3 egg yolks, discard the whites
– 200 g of mayonnaise
– 1 medium-sized avocado
- Mash the avocado in a bowel,
- Add the egg yolks, mix thoroughly
- Add the mayonnaise, and mix until smooth
- Apply this home-made conditioner from roots to ends, then
- Wrap your head in a plastic wrap, and
- Place a hot towel on top of it.
Leave for 30 minutes then rinse the hair with cool water.
The result: By feeding your damaged hair over its favorite food, it becomes volumous, super-shiny and silky. All these scream ‘HEALTHY!’
This post’s beautiful illustration is by HariTHanD.