It’s Saturday, and the weather is literally amazing now in Beirut, with sunny blue skies, and enough cool breeze to keep the heat away…. And I’m going to work in a few hours! Working at the Children’s Cancer Center has a lot of sweet moments, but also bitter ones. So, to lighten up my mood and keep those spirits high, I’ve decided to prepare lovely muffins, in hopes that they remedy a Saturday night spent at work.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 small tbsp vanilla
1 small tbsp baking powder
1/2 small tbsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also use different kinds of berries.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture is like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar & the chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla and milk together, then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients & mix briefly.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases in the pan, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until risen, firm to touch, and golden in color.
- After cooling for 10 minutes in the tin, you can transfer them to the presenting plate, and serve right away!
Ok. They do kinda look weird… This is my first attempt at making muffins! The recipe is simple and easy, and took me almost no time at all! I’m still going to take some with me to work to pamper my friends 😉