2 cups italian rice.
3.5 to 4 cups cooking cream
2 cups water
2 tbsp butter
1 cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
3 medium-sized tomatoes, peeled, seeded and minced
1/2 cup minced mushrooms (canned)
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
A few fresh basil leaves
Salt & ground pepper to taste
1. Combine the water & cream, heat to simmer, & then keep the pot over low heat.
2. Melt butter over medium heat, add onions & stir until they are transparent in color. Add the Garlic, then add rice, and stir constantly for one minute.
3. add the rice to the water & milk mixture, and cook for around 15 minutes. Stir slowly every now & then, or else the rice would stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook until rice has become tender, but slightly chewy, and most of the liquids have been absorbed.
5. Stir in the parmesan cheese, until it’s completely molten & blended into the other remaining contents. Add the salt & pepper.
The rice should take around 20 minutes all together. Add water or cream if you think it’s needed, when the rice becomes over-dry.
Spoon the ridiculously yummy risotto into plates. Sprinkle with fresh basil, & serve immediately!
If you’re feeling more sinful than any other day, sprinkle (a very slight amount of) Gruyère cheese on top as well😉