Every day, aside from the main dish, my mom makes sure to serve different types of appetizers, alongside a salad -or two- over lunch. Today’s main dish was Beans Stew (with tomato sauce and fat-free beef). Aside, some of the kinds of beans forming a simple salad, a Hummus plate, spring greens salad, green thyme salad, olives, and home-made jam 🙂
For this simple and delightful salad:
– Boil a few kinds of beans (two in my case), until completely soft.
– Add mashed garlic, lemon juice, parsley, & olive oil.
– Add a sprinkle of salt & pepper, to taste.
& indulge in this healthy & yummy food retreat! I had it for lunch, but then I couldn’t resist to munch on a couple of spoons late in the afternoon 🙂
– Note: You can play around the sauce. You can use coriander, soy sauce, and/or any other kind of greens to this salad in order to make it more desirable for your taste..
– & another Note: Careful to boil each kind of beans separately, because each one takes a different time to become well done.